curl-users

Re: site doesn't work...useragent problem?

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:18:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 damien13_at_email.com wrote:

> Can you figure out why this site doesn't work?

Yes.

> Is it that the site thinks curl is a robot?

No.

> curl -o h.htm -v
> http://www.itknowledge.com/reference/standard/0672313537/ch02/033-038.html

Add -i or -I and have a look in the header you receive:

Location: http://www.itknowledge.com/PSUser/psuserauth.htm?cmd=login&URI=psuser.htm?Tag=/&URI=/reference/standard/0672313537/ch02/033-038.html

That's a redirection. I followed that and got another redirection to a page
that spit out lots of html.

My guess is that you need to do some kind of login-preparations before you
can get that first URL. It propably lacks a cookie or something.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77