curl-users

Re: Patch for binary stdout on win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:24:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> Here's a patch for 6.5.2 to set stdout to binary mode on win32 systems.
> Default on windows is text mode, which today results in corrupted data
> when you curl binary data and pipe it to another program.

As a result of this patch, everything sent to stdout is binary. This will
sometimes mean that the newlines of web pages will be a bit obscured for
windows users.

There already is an option that forces ftp and (quite ugly) ldap to use
ASCII. Should I extend that flag to enable a user to force the output to be
ascii (text, not binary) when using http on win32?

Any thouhts?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77