curl-users

Re: Redistributing libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:40:57 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Craig Davison wrote:

> I'll be releasing a product soon (with source) that requires libcurl
> source to build.

Cool! :-)

> Is it OK if I package the source with the latest version of curl at
> release, or should I include text file instructing the user to download
> it from your website? Are there any redistribution restrictions I should
> know about?

You should go ahead and do it the way you think is the best for your package.
Curl's license allows both.

You're free to ditribute the libcurl source code within your package, as long
as you include the ditribution conditions for it (the MPL license text and
the LEGAL file). (Section 3.1 and 3.7 of the MPL 1.0 license text.)

Since libcurl might be updated before you release your next version of your
package, it is of course in your users interest that they are told where and
how to get updated versions of libcurl.