Https user auth?

From: Erik Parker <>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:23:26 -0800 (PST)

curl -u username:pass -A "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"

Strangely using this doesn't work. If I use IE to the same url, same
User/pass, works just fine.

The remote server is running IIS.. I don't know anything more about it
really, except that if it were Apache, I bet it'd work.

IIS gives the error "HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource"

* SSL connection using EXP1024-RC4-SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: /C=US/ST=Pennsylvania/L=Allentown/O=Company Inc/OU=IS Development/OU=Terms of use at
* issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server
Certification Authority
* Connected to (#.#.#.#)
> GET /subdir/file.txt HTTP/1.0
Authorization: Basic aGVscG15Ym9va3NcYWVsaXg6YWVsaXg=
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

Erik Parker
Mind Security

An armed society, is a polite society.