curl-users

Re: JavaScript posting

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 10:50:13 +1000

I do this kind of thing as my day job, so I can strongly recommend
'ethereal' - it's

"Like some sort of "tcpdump" like program
that listens on port 80 and nicely displays the data being
sent across (both ways)?"

http://www.ethereal.com/

You can mess about with html pages and formfind for fun, but if you want
to know what is actually sent, take a look, don't guess.

(Of course, if its SSL, you're out of luck).

Read the art of scripting carefully to understand how to convert what
you're seeing into curl requests - you might need to login, get a
cookie, follow redirects etc. etc. to get it to work properly.

Cris