curl-users

RE: Passing cookies during session

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:17:07 -0500

That's an easy one - the Set-Cookie lines from verbose output end up in
your output file (e.g. file_I_want_to_download.tar.gz isn't a valid
tar.gz file now, even if the download *were* working... because it's got
the response headers in it).

Can you post the headers from the top of your output file?

Daniel:

I've been bitten by this one on more than one occasion. Is there any way
to make the response headers become part of the stdout (to-screen)
output instead of becoming part of the output file? I assume the ability
to have them as part of the output file should still remain (for
multi-file transfers where the user wants to see 'em in the files) but
my opinion is that the default behavior should be for -v output to go to
stdout in all cases.

Thanks,
--Kevin