curl-users

Re: Error Code: curl: (18) transfer closed with 271 bytes remaining to read

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:03:31 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Frazier, Darin wrote:

> I am currently running curl from inside a tcl shell and was having
> wonderful luck until last night. I tried this url:
> http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/list/all/category15005/index.html and
> found that I was getting this error:

> curl: (18) transfer closed with 271 bytes remaining to read

[snip]

> Any idea why this particular url is going me problems? Any help would be
> appreciated.

Hey, I tried it too:

$ curl -vi
http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/list/all/category15005/index.html -o
dump
curl: (18) transfer closed with -83 bytes remaining to read

Hehe. That seems to be a screwed up server.

In my test, the header said it was gonna send 77275 bytes but we received
77358! It actually does this repeatedly, every time I try this.

So, I guess you just have to ignore the error in this case! ;-O