test suite is down

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:34:31 +0100 (MET)

[screen dump]

$ make test
[ -f test1 ] || ln -s ./test* .
srcdir=. /usr/local/bin/perl -I. ./ -s -a

 Things in curl-land have changed, but the test suite has not been fixed
 accordingly and thus, the test suite is currently more or less useless.

 *PLEASE* help us fixing this. We have to make our new test server written
 in C work and get used instead of the perl version previously used.

 The working version of the test server is found here:

 If you unpack this in the tests/ directory and run the server in there, you
 can actually get test-responses if you do like this:

 $ ./sws 8080 &
 $ curl localhost:8080/3

[end of screen dump]

    Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs --