curl-users

conflicting messages

From: doug Kellogg <dak_at_mind.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:20:13 -0800

I built curl 7.9.3 on a Linux system where openssl is installed. It is a
secure site, and it fact I connected to another secure site using the command
line tool oprenssl. When I try curl-config --features it tells me SSL. So
far, everything is as expected. But when I try to use curl to contact a site
(the same site used with openssl as mentioned above) with https in the URL, I
get the message:

curl: (1) libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!

This is exactly the opposite that curl-config says. Am I doing something
wrong when building curl and libcurl? Which message should I believe? The
ssl directory is set up as /usr/local/ssl.

Doug