curl-users

Re: cURL and .pac files

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:33:51 -0500

Much as I would like to stun the entire world by adding a .pac reader to cURL,
I'm afraid it's a little more complex than it looked at first.

I found a couple of standalone javascript interpreters, compiled them up and
ran our own .pac through them. I had to comment out two functions that were
not found - dnsDomainIs and shExpMatch - which tells me that either both
interpreters are incomplete, or the .pac interpreter is javascript+[some
random number of other bits]. Since then I haven't had time to take it
further.

FYI, the interpreters I tried are NGS Javascript (http://www.ngs.fi/js/) and
SpiderMonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey).

While it shouldn't be too hard to replicate the missing functions, I'd be
surprised if those are the *only* missing functions.

Ralph Mitchell