curl-users

Getting cURL to simulate a mouse select

From: Saunders, Chris <SaundersCh_at_pbworld.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:13:46 -0400

I need to figure out how to get cURL to do a few things. For one to select
an item from a list on a webpage and to submit, then from the next page to
select a series of choices from a list and download a data file. Even for a
nOOb like me it appeared cURL would make that easy for me, however I cannot
get cURL to select (highlight) a choice in a textbox, I can get cURL to hit
the submit button, but that's it. Here is what I have tried:
Curl -d "Option value=1&Input type=submit"
http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/cbp/county.html
<http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/cbp/county.html> > Alabama1stpage.html
           "ONFOCUS=1
           "ONCLICK=1
            "ONMOUSEDOWN=1

I know there has got to be a way and this is a big priority for the bossman!
Anybody have some suggestions?

Christopher Saunders