curl-users

Relationship between Curl and Snoopy

From: Mike Stephens <mike_stephens_2003_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 05:05:37 +0000 (GMT)

I want to extract and post data from/to http and https
web sites from PHP. Curl seems to do the job
beautifully but I see Snoopy recommended for this
purpose. An advantage is said that it doesn't require
anything loaded on your server. This is a big plus for
me if it is true since I will be running on a shared
box where I don't think I can load executables (apart
from a standard configuration including PHP).

Snoopy documentation is difficult to find. Looking at
one version of the library it seems to be trying to
use Curl.

What is the relationship between Curl and Snoopy? What
are the pros and cons of using either one?