curl-users

RE: _WinMain@16 link error on cygwin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:35:09 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> My libtool version lists itself as "1.4e". Not sure what that means
> exactly. But does my installed copy of libtool play into this at all? I
> thought the generated libtool, created during the configure step, came
> completely from files local to the curl tarball (aclocal.m4, config.guess
> and ltmain.sh?)

You're right, that's how I view it as well.

> I'm curious - if I mailed you my copy of the aclocal files, could you try
> using that on your machine to run through the rest of the autotools
> (-header, -make, -conf) and then see if it builds OK? If it did, I'd be
> willing to "rebuild" aclocal for you each time for a while, until whatever
> this is straightens itself out.

Could be worth a shot at least. Send it over to me and I'll do some digging
and see if I come up with anything.

> I'll probably also pass this along (with some of your comments) to the
> cygwin mailing list to see if any kind soul over there can make heads or
> tails of it.

Please do. I consider this to be a cygwin problem, possibly due to bugs in
autoconf or automake somwehere. Feel free to CC your posting to me, should
you think it necessary or helping.

After all, the configure script runs fine on a large variety of unix flavours
as it is.