curl-users

trace in curl

From: John McGowan <jmcgowan_at_inch.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:21:34 -0500

Using curl with -d "$somedata" -d "@somefile"

I have to use tcpdump to see what is being sent.

I have tried both --trace and --trace-ascii

They give "something" - but the data reported by
the trace seems to show that the middle part of the
file is sent, then the start of the file then
part of the $somedata string then the middle of
the end of the file (dialup connection - the
full data does not fit in one packet).

It is all out of order and to see what actually is
being sent, I used to use "-v" (which used to show
what was being sent) but now have to resort to
capturing (tcpdump) and examining that.