Re: trace in curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:51:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, John McGowan wrote:

Thanks for your report.

> Using curl with -d "$somedata" -d "@somefile"
> I have to use tcpdump to see what is being sent.
> I have tried both --trace and --trace-ascii
> They give "something" - but the data reported by the trace seems to show
> that the middle part of the file is sent, then the start of the file then
> part of the $somedata string then the middle of the end of the file (dialup
> connection - the full data does not fit in one packet).

Can you please show us some kind of examples of this? Preferably with a
command line against a public web server we can use to debug this with.

It works fine when I try it.

Also, as usual I want to know what version of curl this is and on what

This SF.NET email is sponsored by: