curl-users

Re: connect failed

From: Jill Tovey <jill.tovey_at_bigbluedoor.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 11:33:42 +0100

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 11:13, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Jill wrote:
>
> > I have gone through both the curl and snort archives but found no solution.
> >
> > I am trying to connect my snort sensor on 127.0.0.1:2525
> >
> > and I get this sensor message:
> > curl: (7) Connect failed
>
> Exacly what command line did you use?

curl https://localhost:2525
and
curl http://localhost:2525

both give this error (I am now trying it on port 80 - see below)

> What curl version?

curl 7.10.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6i zlib/1.1.4

> What operating system?

mandrake 9.0

> What happens if you try 'telnet 127.0.0.1 2525' ?

on port 80 its fine

> > I have read something about having to have the webserver on this port?
>
> You need something that listens to the port, otherwise you can't get anything
> off it.
>
> > Well my webserver is on port 80 - and I didn't see anything in the
> > installation manual I was using that I had to put it on 2525?
>
> So why are you trying to connect to port 2525 if the web is running on port
> 80?

okay I am now trying to connect it to port 80 (!) and getting this
error:
curl: (35) SSL: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

> > I have also seen issues related to proxies - I am not using a proxy but a
> > router (DG814) and I have forwarded port 2525 to 127.0.0.1.
>
> You forwarded a port to an IP adress?

yes

> > I have also tried taking down the firewall but no joy.
>
> What for?

pass

> > I can't connect to port 2525 at all, but can't see why!
>
> What are you running on that port then? Have you verified that it works?

I have tried forcing usage of SSLv2, v1, TLSv1 and HTTP 1.0, but get the
same error.

using the command
curl http://localhost:80
is fine

however, using https gives the error.

The command
curl https://localhost/snortagent/sensor.php
gives this error:
curl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

however, if i try
curl -k https://localhost/snortagent/sensor.php

it brings back this:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /snortagent/sensor.php was not found on this
server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26 Server at jill.mandrake
Port 443</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

but the page is there if i view it in the browser.