curl-users

Re: connect failed

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:49:14 -0500

Jill Tovey wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 11:13, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Jill wrote:
> >
> > > I have gone through both the curl and snort archives but found no solution.
> > >
> > > I am trying to connect my snort sensor on 127.0.0.1:2525
> > >
> > > and I get this sensor message:
> > > curl: (7) Connect failed
> >
> [ snip ]
> >
> > > I have also seen issues related to proxies - I am not using a proxy but a
> > > router (DG814) and I have forwarded port 2525 to 127.0.0.1.
> >
> > You forwarded a port to an IP adress?
> >
> yes

OK, wait a minute... Is this snort sensor on the same box as everything else
(apache, your browser, etc)? Or is it something that lurks on your network?

If it's a separate box, how did you forward the port? Because if you told just
told it to forward to 127.0.0.1, that's the loopback address for itself, and the
info will go nowhere.

Without giving away anything sensitive, can you give us a little more detail about
how things are connected together? I.e. Box A(snort sensor) -> Box B(router) ->
Box C(web server), etc. I get the feeling we're starting in the middle of a
conversation and have missed something vital...

Ralph Mitchell