curl-users

RE: Curl with Windows 2003 Server

From: Frank Costa <frankco_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:17:52 -0700

It's not an issue with the proxy or the url... apparently the mail
reader added the extra hyperlink that is not how it was typed. I've
been using Curl for some time now. I also have a WinXP Pro system that
uses it fine so I was comparing side-by-side. The problem is on Windows
2003 Server. I can't get any network apps to work from the cmd prompt:
telnet, ftp, ppm (for Active Perl), curl, etc. I realize I have a
network issue from the command prompt, I just don't know how to solve it
since networking on the host everywhere else is fine. Initially, I
thought it may be related to the IE Enhanced Security Configuration but
I've since removed that component to no avail.

In any case, has anyone used Curl on Windows 2003 successfully? I'm
guessing this is not supported but if I hear likewise then I'll continue
to explore the problem on my end.

Thanks,
Frank