curl-users

Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.10.8

From: Marty Kuhrt <marty_at_Barra.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:38:33 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Curl and libcurl 7.10.8. A bugfix release.
>
> The 77th public curl release. Release number 104 counted from the very
> beginning.
>
> Download from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. As usual, allow some time
> before the popular binary archives are up-to-date with this release.

[snip]

When compiling this release on Alpha VMS V7.3, I ran across the
following error...

          res = Curl_follow(data, gotourl);
..................................^
%CC-W-UNINIT1, The scalar variable "gotourl" is fetched but not
initialized. And there may be other such fetches of this variable
that have not been reported in this compilation.
at line number 1861 in file
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[MARTY.CURL.CURL-7_10_8.LIB]TRANSFER.C

Which seems to make sense, since you define gotourl as a pointer to
char, but don't malloc anything to it. Did you perhaps mean for line
1860 of TRANSFER.C to read like...

          gotourl = strdup(data->change.url);

instead of this?

          newurl = strdup(data->change.url);