curl-users

Re: new user question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:18:13 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Tony Caduto wrote:

> First what a great program :-)

Thanks.

> I downloaded the win32 version from 11/3 (native) and it works great, except
> I was wondering how I can read commands in from a file so I don't have a
> huge command line?
>
> I tried the --config option, but it does not seem to work.

--config is the way to go, if this doesn't work it is either a bug in curl or
a user error on your behalf.

> curl --config c:\myconfig.txt https://mywebserver.com/cgi-bin/upload
>
> in the config file I have
>
> -F "file=@c:\junk.txt"
> -F "user=tony"
> -F "pass=1234567"
>
> This all works if I do it all from the command line.

So what differs when you do this? In what way doesn't it work? I need more
info to better understand what's going on.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]