Re: Problem connecting to password protected page

From: Gary Danko <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:58:36 -0800

Okay I am getting somewhere. I can authenticate but I am getting an
error... Still plodding along but I thought I'd post it anyway. :)

[baracus:~] gdanko% curl -v -e
-d "iUserName=mylogin&iPassword=mypassword&submit=Submit"
* About to connect() to
* Connected to ( port 443
* SSL connection using DES-CBC3-SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: /C=US/ST=California/L=Sherman Oaks/O=Premiere Radio
Networks/OU=Premiere Interactive/
* start date: 2002-09-16 00:00:00 GMT
* expire date: 2004-10-07 23:59:59 GMT
* common name: (matched)
* issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server
Certification Authority
> POST /pcd/eGateChk HTTP/1.1

Sorry, the following error has occurred:
publisher's web site.<br>It also expects to be provided with a valid
magazine identifier.<br>It will not run correctly otherwise.<br>
We are unable to continue processing your request at this time.
The site Webmaster has been notified.
Please try again later.</font>
* Connection #0 left intact
* Closing connection #0

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Gary Danko wrote:
>>I still have to authenticate though.. that is the problem.
>>Remember I go from the first URL (audioarchives) to
>> where I have to authenticate with an HTML
>>form. I then go back to audioarchives. It loops me around and I do not know
>>how to handle the form-based authentication and the looping back to my
>>starting point.
> I would recommend you to get a grip of the basics by reading The Art Of
> Scripting HTTP Requests Using Curl:

This email is sponsored by: Giveback Program.
Does help you be more productive? Does it
help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help
YOU! Click Here: