curl-users

Re: http url re-writing modifiers.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:28:37 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Roberto Basso wrote:

> I am working with an application which use instead of cookies,the http url
> re-writing modifiers.

You say it modifies the URL...

> CURL  -m 30 -v -d
> "TOKEN=$VAR&ssousername=user1&password=fantasy&submit=Login" -L
> "https://login.site.it/pls/ora/ORA.wwsso_app_admin.ls_login"

... yet this doesn't modify the URL, this changes what data you POST to it!

> If I run in this way,I got an http error 404 The requested URL
> /pls/ora/ORA.wwsso_app_admin.ls_login was not found on this server.

You are most likely sending the POST to the wrong URL.

> I didn't find any flag in curl doc, which let me post with the re-writing
> modifier

What would "post with the re-writing modifier" do that curl doesn't already?
You tell curl what to POST and it willingly posts it...

> but the normal curl post coding went bad so I suppose there is some special
> parameter to do this.

I don't think you've understood what a curl post does, or I haven't understand
your problem correctly.

> The machine is a liniux Red Hat 7.3 running curl-7.8.1.

Gosh, that's an oooooold curl! ;-)

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]