Re: 7.11 build on aix 5.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:41:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jonathan Bourgeois wrote:

> I am having trouble building curl7.11 on my AIX box. I have also tried to
> make the daily build, but to no avail. The configure script runs through
> normally, but when I run "make" here is the result:

> urldata.h:350: error: parse error before "z_stream"

This happens because the configure script detects zlib present and activates
that, but when it later compiles a source that needs it, the proper include
file is not found/read. This is indeed a minor flaw in the configure script.
(If you can figure out more details or even provide a patch, I'm interested.)

You can work around this in two ways:

1. make sure the compiler finds the zlib header file when you compile

2. run configure with the proper option to disable the zlib usage

    Daniel Stenberg -- --