curl-users

Re: stdin problem in version 7.10.6

From: Len Krause <len.krause_at_excellware.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:21:23 -0500

It appears that the problem is that curl is ignoring the Content-Length
header and including a Transfer-Encoding: chunked. The extra characters
before and after the stdin in the log are the chuck sizes in hex. I can
eliminate the Transfer-Encoding header using an empty -H option, but can't
get curl not to chunk the output in 7.10.6.

Are there any options to disable chunking when using stdin and you know the
total number of characters and included a Content-Length header?

There is a bug reported fixed in 7.11.0 that seems like it may apply to this
situation.

Thanks,
-Len Krause
Excellware, Inc.