curl-users

Re: stdin problem in version 7.10.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:00:23 +0100 (CET)

*** This mailing list is moving ***
*** http://curl.haxx.se/mail/ ***
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Len Krause wrote:

> It appears that the problem is that curl is ignoring the Content-Length
> header and including a Transfer-Encoding: chunked. The extra characters
> before and after the stdin in the log are the chuck sizes in hex. I can
> eliminate the Transfer-Encoding header using an empty -H option, but can't
> get curl not to chunk the output in 7.10.6.

Can you please show us what command line you're using?

When you upload/post using curl with data pass on stdin, curl cannot possibly
known the size of the data on before-hand (unless a specified file is used),
and then the only proper way to send the data is by using chunked
transfer-encoding.

> Are there any options to disable chunking when using stdin and you know the
> total number of characters and included a Content-Length header?

Yes, put the contents in a file and then post the file.

> There is a bug reported fixed in 7.11.0 that seems like it may apply to this
> situation.

There is? Where?