curl-users

Re: cURL and posting multi-part forms

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:03:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Mike Wren wrote:

> The second form post depends on the first (logging in). I don't have access
> to the VBScript on the webserver to see what is happening in the background,
> and the error handling of the script sucks (it implies it works, when it
> really doesn't).
>
> Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Most likely you simply submit the first post, store the coookies you get back,
then submit the second post using the cookie file you just stored the cookies
in. You could also consider setting up the referer in the second post, and
having the user-agent set to something familiar for the server.

I can warmly recommand using 'LiveHTTPHeaders' to figure out exactly what
headers your browser sends/receives in order to better be able to send the
exact same set using curl.