curl-users

Re: bugs: runtests.pl can fail to detect that its test port is in use

From: spage <spage_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:14:36 -0800

> > bug 1: runtests.pl doesn't analyze this return code for curl errors
> > like 52.

> It doesn't have to. If the server is a fine server, the proper
results are in
the output file. It it isn't, the correct output is missing.

But runtests.pl doesn't detect the case "My test request got no output
from a service listening on the port" , it always assumes "If I got no
output, then the port isn't in use" and continues on to start up its
own server.

So I think runtests.pl has to analyze the curl return code to
distinguish these cases.

By the way, the service using port 8999 on my machine was a Java proxy
server,
    java -classpath proxy.jar CProxyServer -p8999
This seems to be the proxy.jar available from
http://www.lpsci.com/software/download/server.html. Run it on port
8999, run curl's `make test`, and you'll see the problem.

> Feel free to fix and send in the patches!

I wimped out and sent you $10 instead :)
Thanks indeed for the instantaneous feedback.

--
=S Page