curl-users

Curl & Cute FTP Phenomenon

From: <jennyvus_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:20:09 +0000

Ok, now that I have my PEM passwords working, thanks Daniel! I am having another issue. Everything is connecting just fine, see following syntax.

C:\curl>curl ftps://username:password_at_serv1:990 --ftp-ssl --cert test.crt --key test.key --pass password -verbose

In the Cute FTP server, there is the settings page which I specifiy to use Implicit FTPs and Require client certificates. When I only specify the following,

C:\curl>curl ftps://username:password_at_serv1:990

it still connects, transfers files etc! It should be rejecting me. What is it that is making the connection work? I have e-mailed Globalscape and they are telling me it is in the curl..

We are trying to see the clients being used and rejected when not being used.

Thank you Jen