Re: Curl & Cute FTP Phenomenon

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:38:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 wrote:

> In the Cute FTP server, there is the settings page which I specifiy to use
> Implicit FTPs and Require client certificates. When I only specify the
> following,
> C:\curl>curl ftps://username:password_at_serv1:990

That's using explicit. Implicit is when you use a ftp:// URL and the --ftp-ssl

> it still connects, transfers files etc! It should be rejecting me. What is
> it that is making the connection work?

Use -v and it'll tell you everything it does.

> I have e-mailed Globalscape and they are telling me it is in the curl..

If you've told the server to require a client certificate and it lets you
through anyway, I fail to see how this is the client's fault.

      Daniel Stenberg -- --
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: