curl-users

Re: curl-config

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 10:25:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, todd wrote:

>> I don't understand. What would curl-config --msvc-syntax show?
>>
> currently, curl-config --libs prints something like:
>
> $ curl-config --libs
> $ -L/usr/lib -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
> -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lssl -lcrypto
> -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz
> -lz

curl-config --libs is required because the lib setup can get so very different
on different hosts. It is dynamically set on each build.

> $ pkg-config glib-2.0 --msvc-syntax
> $ /libpath:C:\usr\lib libglib-2.0.lib libintl.lib libiconv.lib
>
> this makes it very nice for cygwin users who would like to write gnu style
> makefiles but also use the native compilier.

But curl-config is a shell script, it could only be used by the rare few
windows people that run shell scripts.

There are also several other options for cygwin users who want to use a native
compiler, including Borland and mingw.

Please provide a patch, and I might understand how this would work and then we
can discuss implementation details.