curl-users

capturing octet streams - unknown MIME types

From: Upuaut <upuaut_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:06:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hell.
I'm new to cURL.

Environment: cURL on windows 2000.

I go ato particular website. I click a link that
initiates a download of a file. I click save, and
I get the file.

I used a packet analysis tool to see how the
server is sending the file. Here is a sample
header from the server.

I'm attempting to download a bunch of files sans
browser.

Using wget, I attempted to capture files, but was
unsuccessful.. the server returns a page saying
the file has moved (302) and serves a generic
barebones page. I'm guessing this is becuase wget
can't capture octet streams and/or unknown mime
types (or I don't know how to make it do so)

I looked around and found that curl could do
that. My question is: how?
And would I be able to do the same with wget?
I'm trying this on a windows 2000 machine.

Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch.
kal.

=====