curl-users

curl certificate authentication failed

From: Chidanand Gangur <chidanand.gangur_at_nevisnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:58:15 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to implement HTTPs software upload and download using curl.
I have enabled client authentication on apache web server. The Client
authentication is working very well with IE and Mozilla browsers on win
XP.

I want to support this feature using curl command line tool as well as
through "C" function using libcurl. I am trying out first with command
line tool.

But when I run the following command :

Curl https://192.168.2.133:443/test/test.php
<https://192.168.2.133/test/test.php> with client authentication
disabled.

I get

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

curl --cacert myCAcert.pem --capath "." --cert myClient.pem --cert-type
PEM --key myClient.key --key-type PEM
https://192.168.2.133:443/test/test.php
<https://192.168.2.133/test/test.php>

(with client authentication enabled)

it gives the same error.

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

I have tried various options.

1) I added the CA cert to the curl default path

2) I tried adding it to the curl-ca -bundle.crt

3) Tried out various debug / command line options.

But haven't succeded every time I get the same error.

Where should I store the CA certificate ?

Should we add in curl-ca-bundle ?

Since CA resides on the same machine can I totally remove the bundle and
place my CA certificate?

I have tried all above options.

Can some body tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks & regards

Chidanand.