curl-users

Re: Problems when using the Curl "multi" interface (curl 7.12.0)

From: Henrik Stoerner <henrik_at_hswn.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:40:11 +0200

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 12:07:49AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
> >If anyone can shed some light on why this fails, I would much appreciate
> >it.
>
> I'm interested in digging into this, but I'm currently on vacation and I
> don't know when I'll get around to actually doing it. I just thought I'd
> let you know,

Thanks - the problem is kind of pressing for me since it is giving
me some problems keeping up with the number of websites I monitor,
but I knew about your summer-holidays.

I'll be willing to try and troubleshoot it as best I can myself, but
I have very little idea about how the flow of control is inside
libcurl. From my limited debugging, it seems that the timeout's
trigger in the connect.c::Curl_is_connected() routine:

  if(has_passed > allow ) {
    /* time-out, bail out, go home */
    failf(data, "Connection time-out after %ld ms", has_passed);
    return CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED;
  }

but why this happens I haven't been able to find out. All of the
time values look right - it really does take more than my timeout
setting before the timeout triggers - but why doesn't curl notice
that many of the connect() calls actually do succeed ?

--
Henrik Storner