curl-users

Re: What is the format for the cookie file, how should i merge them

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:57:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Ed Martin wrote:

> first what is the format for curls cookie jar file?

The netscape/mozilla cookie file format.

> i know they are separated by tabs, but i can only figure out the path and
> the site column, what are the others and their order

I suggest you check out the lib/cookie.c source file in libcurl for the exact
meaning and treatment, but these are the names I use in the code for the
fields (in a left to right order, 7 tab-separated fields):

domain
tailmatch
path
secure
expires
name
value

> does anyone have any suggestions on how i should merge an old cookie jar
> file with a new one just generated by curl, how do i decide what to keep and
> what to delete?

curl can merge cookie files. Pass in the old one and let it write the new one.