curl-users

Re: Disabling the Expect 100 HTTP Header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:50:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Leigh Mahoney wrote:

> I also use the -o switch to write output to a file (this I use to check for
> success). Since I have implemented the fix however I never seem to get any
> output by using the -o switch. I was expecting maybe a HTTP/1.1 200 OK to be
> written to the output file (as previously without the -H "Expect:" command I
> was seeing 'HTTP/1.1 100 Continue' being outputted to that file.

No output at all? Then something is very wrong. Can you show us a full
--trace-ascii output from such a post?

> Are there other ways to determine the success of your POST in a scripted
> environment, or am I doing something wrong here?

Try -w details or simply by checking the exit code from curl.

> WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in
> error, please delete and inform us by return email.

Congratulations, you have one of the longest and most stupid nonsense email
footer disclaimers I've read in a long while. I assume you get that due to
some company policy, but please give your IT department a hard time for
polluting the world like this.