curl-users Mailing List Archives

Curl -F didn't upload file but return the form itself

From: xi chum <xi_chum_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:26:29 +1000
Hi All,

I am new to curl.  I just wanted to use curl to upload an xml file to a form but failed miserably.

The form requires a file upload with the name of "xmlfile".

Here is the command format:

The response via STDOUT is the upload.html sending back from the http server but the xmlfile was not uploaded.  And there were no error return by curl or the HTTP server.

Please advise as what additiona switch I should be using to find more as to what is going between curl and http server?

Thanks in advance.

Xi.