curl-users Mailing List Archives

Re: re maintaining creds

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:31:36 -0500

You have a form named "submit_signon" which contains a single hidden
variable. The javascript that comes immediately after the form does
a submit as soon as the script is executed. You need to extract the
variable name (in case it ever changes), the variable value and the
action url. Stick them all together as you would normally:

   curl -d $name=$value $url

(assuming a unix environment) with extra bits for cookie tracking,
saving the next page, etc.

Ralph Mitchell