curl-users Mailing List Archives

curl tool to multi-interface

From: Alexander Lazic <al-curlusers_at_none.at>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:20:06 +0200

Hi,

as we say lets talk about this issuse ;-)

There are many improvments if we can use the multi-interface for the
tool for example:

curl ...{a1,a2}....[b1,b2]
curl -OO url1 url2

curl then makes two easy-handler and download it parallel ;-)

And some todos (http://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html) are easier to
implement such as:

---
.
.
* The client could be told to use maximum N simultaneous transfers and
  then just make sure that happens. It should of course not make more
  than one connection to the same remote host. This would require the
  client to use the multi interface.
.
.
* Provide a way to make options bound to a specific URL among several on
  the command line. Possibly by letting ':' separate options between
  URLs, similar to this:

      curl --data foo --url url.com : \
          --url url2.com : \
          --url url3.com --data foo3

   (More details: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2004-07/0133.html)

   The example would do a POST-GET-POST combination on a single command
   line.
---
One Point would be also nice to make some Variables available for the
previous step for a minimalistic Scripting ;-)
Thoughts ?!
regards
Alex