curl-users

Re: Fwd: Using curl to download a redirected file

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:28:55 -0600

On Dec 1, 2007 7:48 AM, parag vibhute <parag.vibhute_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply. Now I run following command but still not able to
> download dmg file.
>
> curl -U paragv:paragv -x 192.168.20.107:808 -L -v
> http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3rdpty2.pl/product=14490&cat=61&platform=osx&method=sa/AirPortExtremeUpdate2007004.dmg

Are you on some kind of unix system?? I did the exact same command line,
leaving out your proxy stuff, and got back a file containing 740500 bytes,
but I ad to enclose the URL in quotes. The unix shell looks at all those
ampersand (&) characters and thinks you're trying to run a bunch of
background jobs.

Ralph Mitchell