curl-users

Re: Sending password

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:11:29 -0800

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 04:57:33AM +0000, James Sketch wrote:
> I would like to let them to change their password using the same way but I am
> getting an error message. The password is being send as stars '********' but if
> I try to send the password in a normal way it does not work.
>
> Do you know whether there is any way how to encrypt the password to a way the
> provider's page will like it or how to send the password differently?

There's no possible way we can help you without more information. There are
an infinite number of ways to encrypt a password, and your provider could be
using any one of them. If an encrypted password is being sent in a form,
then it has to be encrypted with something like JavaScript, so you'll need
to read the form page source to find out how.

>>> Dan