RE: Build Errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:12:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, insaini wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> I am trying to install the latest version
> 7.0.18

I think you meant 7.18.0

> Would that be the problem ?

The problem(s) you see are only test related and if you really have 7.18.0 it
should work just as good for you as it works for everyone else.

Not that I understand why you get those problems. If you get the source code
package and build curl using that and run the tests, does that show the same

> the latest version for CentOS 4 is 7.12.xx but I am having an issue with SSL
> sessions not being retrieved into the cookie file .. I read a posting of a
> fix by an individual back in october 2007 I believe.. so I guess its been
> updated since..

I have no idea what particular bug you refer to, but the 7.12.x versions are
well over three years old and contain four known security vulnerabilities.

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: