curl-users

RE: Build Errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:12:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, insaini wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> I am trying to install the latest version
> 7.0.18

I think you meant 7.18.0

> Would that be the problem ?

The problem(s) you see are only test related and if you really have 7.18.0 it
should work just as good for you as it works for everyone else.

Not that I understand why you get those problems. If you get the source code
package and build curl using that and run the tests, does that show the same
failures?

> the latest version for CentOS 4 is 7.12.xx but I am having an issue with SSL
> sessions not being retrieved into the cookie file .. I read a posting of a
> fix by an individual back in october 2007 I believe.. so I guess its been
> updated since..

I have no idea what particular bug you refer to, but the 7.12.x versions are
well over three years old and contain four known security vulnerabilities.