RE: Build Errors

From: insaini <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:31:16 -0400

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: March 20, 2008 2:12 PM
To: the curl tool
Subject: RE: Build Errors

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, insaini wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> I am trying to install the latest version
> 7.0.18

I think you meant 7.18.0

> Would that be the problem ?

The problem(s) you see are only test related and if you really have 7.18.0
should work just as good for you as it works for everyone else.

Not that I understand why you get those problems. If you get the source code

package and build curl using that and run the tests, does that show the same

> the latest version for CentOS 4 is 7.12.xx but I am having an issue with
> sessions not being retrieved into the cookie file .. I read a posting of a

> fix by an individual back in october 2007 I believe.. so I guess its been
> updated since..

I have no idea what particular bug you refer to, but the 7.12.x versions are

well over three years old and contain four known security vulnerabilities.

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support:
Thanks, (Sorry for top posting)
Well this is a virtual dedicated server from godaddy (bites I know) .. and
it comes with CentOS 4 with curl 7.12.xx .. I tried building from the src
rpm .. but I believe really all I need is libcurl for php .. so I downloaded
that instead of the full source.. (redhat libcurl binary) .. now while
installing that im missing some dependencies.. so im working on it.. I don't
know why no one has created a centos 7.18 rpm