Using cURL command line with a Tumbleweed SecureTransport site

From: Bill Hepola <>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:46:30 -0400

I was having problems trying to use cURL on a Win32 box to download a
file from an HTTPS site that uses Tumbleweed SecureTransport. There
was a thread related to this problem but I didn't see a final message
showing how to resolve the problem.

I was finally able to solve my problem and I thought I'd drop a note
into this list just in case it might help someone else later on.

The core problem was solved by echoing a cookie back to the server.
Here's the batch file I ended up using to do this.

echo Starting download of file >test.log
DATE /T >>test.log
TIME /T >>test.log
curl -o login.out -u MY_USER_ID:MY_USER_PASSWORD -o -c FDX
echo download completed >>test.log
DATE /T >>test.log
TIME /T >>test.log