curl-users

Curl returns no data

From: Peter Jenkins <jenkins.peter_at_slsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:51:20 +0930

For several years I have used curl to extract data from our library catalog
in XML format, using a command like this:

curl http://www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au:1084/xrecord=b1166965

This returns data like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE IIIRECORD SYSTEM
"http://www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au:1084/dtd/iiirecord.dtd">
<IIIRECORD>

[XML data snipped out of here]

</IIIRECORD>

The library catalog is Innovative Interfaces Inc's Millennium
<http://www.iii.com/>.

I am using the version of curl installed as part of Mac OS X.
For some time this has been version 7.13.1.
In March 2008, Apple released a security update (Security Update 2008-002)
that installed curl version 7.16.3.

After that, curl returned no data from our library catalog.

I have tried both the verbose and trace options.
For example, the verbose option command:

curl -v http://www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au:1084/xrecord=b1166965

returns:

* About to connect() to www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au port 1084 (#0)
* Trying 143.216.21.3... connected