curl-users

RE: My buffer in a variable - c#

From: Starbuck <1xrdqj102_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 01:34:31 -0800

> From: Daniel Stenberg
> I don't know of many users of the C# binding so I
> don't think you'll find a lot of such users there
> either...

Daniel, I was looking at the C# binding several months ago, saw
that it was old and unmaintained, and I was wondering why that
is. Do you think people are just more inclined to use the native
.NET components? Might more C# developers be using commercial
components? Might it be that the C# binding fell into disrepair
and no one can or wants to fix it before using it in their own
apps?

Personally, as a C# developer, I think it's a shame that it's not
used more. My issue, as with trying to build the core from
source, is not with cURL itself but with trying to get cURL and
all of the other components to play nice. I get hung up on those
issues and I just give up on the whole thing. I wouldn't mind
taking another shot at it but it seems like every time I do I
encounter an issue that's "someone else's" fault and trying to
fix problems by posting forum notes (with no guarantee of
response) just consumes more time than I have.

Your insight is appreciated.