Re: Support for SSL V2

From: <>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:44:04 +0100

Thank you for the answer,
but did my firewall (not exactly a server) respond or did it accept the
connection ?
This can make the difference ...
Whay is the meaning of the last lines in the command output:

* Empty reply from server
* Connection #0 to host left intact
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
* Closing connection #0

"curl:(52)" appears to be an error code corresponding to "the server didn't
reply anything, which here i sconsidered an error" in the man page.

I made some more test trying a connection to the firewall with Internet
Explorer: when "SSL V2 only" is setted in the advanced options I cannot
connect, on the contrary connection succeed when selecting "SSL V3 only".

             Daniel Stenberg
             Sent by: To
             curl-users-bounce the curl tool
             26/11/08 18:54 Subject
                                       Re: Support for SSL V2
             Please respond to
               the curl tool

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, wrote:

> According to my tests and to literature on my firewall this is not true
> my auditor showed me the following curl command output whch, frankly
> speaking, I don't understand:

> * SSLv2, Client hello (1):
> * SSLv2, Server hello (4):
> * SSLv2, Client key (2):
> * SSLv2, Client finished (3):
> * SSLv2, Server verify (5):
> * SSLv2, Server finished (6):

> I there anybody that can explain me if my auditor succesfully connected
> my servers and give me an explanation for each lines of the command
output ?

It looks like your server responded fine when curl tried to connect to it
using SSLv2.