curl-users

Re: trying to simulate login to UPS (willing to $pay$ for solution)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:50:02 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Vadim_ghk wrote:

> Hi, I've been working on a script to be able print UPS shipping labels
> directly from my shopping cart software (zen-cart). I've done some homework
> and tried to replicate similar Curl scripts. But there is something that UPS
> does which makes it not so easy. I think i've tried everything, but i cant
> even login - i get these in the header (HTTP/1.x 302 Moved Temporarily) and
> i try to follow through all the moved links without much success.

That's a PHP script using the PHP/CURL binding.

I don't recommend you solving the problem this way. I instead advice you to
use the command line tool to work out exactly what needs to be done and then
when it works for you as intended, you translated it into a PHP script.

I claim this primarily because --trace and --trace-ascii have no corresponding
options in PHP/CURL so you cannot easily compare that your curl requests are
matching the ones your browser sends. Like described in chapter 14 in this:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

And then if you have PHP+CURL related issues still, I'll recommend using the
curl-and-php mailing list instead where other PHP users "hang out"...