curl-users Mailing List Archives

Re: FTP Download Problem - code 78

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:47:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Fred Machado wrote:

> curl -u name:passwd ftp://ftpserver.com.br/manual.txt
>
> However, I get the following exit code:
> curl: (78) Remote file not found

I'd say a first idea is to use -v to get to see the full command sequence curl
uses, and then it certainly looks as if the server doesn't think the file is
there for you to retrieve while the directory listing shows it. I'm not sure
there's anything curl can do about that.

Can you get it fine from that dir with another ftp client?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se