curl-users

Curl and incorrect content-length

From: Dave Artz <daveartz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:17:51 -0500

Hello,

I'm developing a web crawler using the curl library. While fetching this
page:

http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/Oistins+Fish+Festival-Barbados-events--Barbados:164:282944899

I noticed it did not return the full page (40617 bytes) as it does in a web
browser.

I believe the cause of the issue to be the Content Length returned by the
web server (8192 bytes). Obviously this is incorrect, but I have no control
over it.

I tried the --ignore-content-length flag and this did not help. I also need
to fetch from the PHP implementation where this flag doesn't (seem to)
exist.

Is there a way to force curl into downloading the entire page?

Thanks in advance,

Dave