curl-users

Re: PHP5 with cURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:05:12 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Clarence Carino wrote:

> i would like to seek help from you. regarding installing cURL as a php
> extension. i tried to use this syntax:
> http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m4f0ceca5

And this is why I don't like that PHP names their extension 'CURL'.

curl in this list's context is the command line tool curl. If you want help or
disuss the PHP/CURL binding for libcurl, then the curl-and-php list is the
place to ask. Or possibly even a plain PHP list as what you're asking about
seems to be how to build PHP properly...

So to sum it up:

   curl - a command line tool which we discuss on this list

   libcurl - a file transfer library we discuss on the curl-library list

   PHP/CURL - a PHP binding for libcurl discussed on the curl-and-php list